Know about medicinal plants
List of Medicinal Plants
Indian Medicinal Plants Database
The Indian Medicinal Plants Database has been developed by the Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT). This database incorporates 7263 botanical names, more than 1,50,000 vernacular names in ten different Indian languages & more than 5000 authentic images of Indian medicinal plants duly linked to the specific botanical entities.
The medicinal plant species included in the database have been compiled and arranged under the six Indian Systems of Medicine namely
- Ayurveda (2559 botanical names/ 1540 species)
- Siddha (2267 botanical names / 1149 species)
- Unani (1049 botanical names / 493 species)
- Homeopathy (460 botanical names / 372 species)
- Sowa-Rigpa (671 botanical names / 250 species)
- Folk (6403 botanical names / 5376 species)
Within each system of medicine one can browse the data for a specific botanical name or vernacular name. Each of the botanical names has proper author citation and linkage with botanical synonyms where ever applicable. Validation of specific botanical names has also been incorporated to establish the proper identify of the plant entity. In respect of each botanical entity enlisted under any of the codified systems of Indian medicine, the relevant Bibliography, establishing its inclusion under that system, has also been incorporated.
Similarly the bibliography relating to the geographical distribution of specific plant species as compiled from the published literature, has also been included along with the facility to view the summarized comments relating to distribution.
To know more visit http://www.medicinalplants.in/
Database of Medicinal Plants
A comprehensive database on important medicinal plants has been developed by the Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS).
The database provides access to nearly 22,000 reList of Medicinal Plants ferences (reprints / abstracts) pertaining to the 16 selected medicinal plants. These include the classical literature from Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy system of medicine as well as modern literature from various books and journals covering basic and applied science and medicine. These were segregated into 6 categories viz. Botany, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Miscellaneous and Reprints in other languages.
Information regarding authors, title of the article, book / journal name, publisher, volume, page no., year etc. for all collected references is fed into this database with user-friendly search option. This database will act as a common platform at which all published information on a particular medicinal plant can be accessed.
Guidelines for users
Before accessing the database, every user has to fill the registration proforma and obtain user id and password. The user has to sign in everytime he / she wants to access the database. The database can be used for the purpose of research and development of medicinal plants. Any commercial use of its content is strictly prohibited.
To know more, visit http://nmpb-mpdb.nic.in/user/aboutus
AYUSH Research Portal
AYUSH Research Portal is an initiative of the National Institute of Indian Medical Heritage. It contains the research data of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homoeopathy along with AYUSH related research done by the allied sciences. It has mainly two applications.
- Search of research data by the User
- Uploading of research data by the selected institutes
User can get Clinical research articles for specific disease condition by selecting the medical system, body system and disease (English). User can also get the research articles by simply clicking on the following categories
- Clinical Research (A, B, C gradation was also given to the clinical research articles based on the WHO grading recommendations)
- Pre-Clinical Research
- Drug Research
- Fundamental Research
To upload the data in the AYUSH Research Portal, user has to login by entering the user name and password (which are provided by the NIIMH, Hyderabad to all AYUSH Research Councils & other selected institutes).
To 5 - 10 years Annual Salary of the Job: 0.00 - 8.00 Lacs know more, visit http://ayushportal.nic.in/
Medicinal Plants in India An Assessment of their Demand and Supply
- Herbal Sector in India: Current Scenario(3.90MB)
- Study Methodology and Strategy(13.9MB)
- Consumption by Domestic Herbal Industry(15.0MB)
- Consumption by Rural Households and Folk Healers(15.7MB)
- Supply of Herbal Raw drugs from Wild Collections(11.2MB)
- Supplies of Herbal Raw drugs from Cultivation(54.1MB)
- Domestic Trade of Herbal Raw Drugs(21.2MB)
- Foreign Trade (Export and Import) of Herbal Raw Drugs(13.1MB)
- Controversial Herbal Raw Drugs (Subs tutes, Equivalents, Adulterants)(22.9MB)
- Medicinal Plants Trade in India: Policy and Legislative Framework(5.39MB)
- Medicinal Plant Species in Commercial Demand: Consolidated Inventory and Analysis(17.2MB)
- Discussion and Recommendations (2.57MB)